Friday, October 15, 2010

Eight Days

With the wedding only eight days away, we can clearly see the finish line. Seating chart...done (Kristen did a fantastic job even after she had to redo the entire thing only two days ago), music requests done, convincing my Mom to decorate our Mexican themed Rehearsal Dinner otherwise I would have put up a lot of Yankees wallpaper, pictures and autographed bats...Done!!!

However, one element we will leave up to the final minutes is the weather. Because Florida is a land mass with two huge bodies of water on both sides, makes thunderstorms more the norm than the exception, especially in the summer months.

Kristen is checking the ten day forecast everyday. I assume that's good. At some point, I think she will start checking every hour.

Last night she got on her iPhone.

"Oh S%&*, it's supposed to rain next Saturday."

Me: "Really???" (thinking Kristen will be a real treat leading up if she knows this already)

Kristen: "(more expletives)"

Me: (damage control mode, "dc" and I are tight) "it's going to be alright Honey. You know that meteorologists say that anything after 48 hours isn't truly accurate."

Kristen: "Oh crap. Crap!!! Crap!!! Crap!!! What's the difference between an isolated thunderstorm and scattered showers?"

I could explain the difference but my long winded answer will take me right up to the wedding if I type it all out on my iPhone right now.

Kristen: "You know it calls for 40% chance of rain."

Me: "OK (thinking it could call for 10%, she will still worry like all brides before her)"

Kristen: "OHHH!!!!"

Me: "What is it???"

Kristen: "Nevermind, that was the ten day forecast for Las Vegas. Oh, there we go (going through her iPhone weather app), there's Orlando, looks good."

My soon to be wifey everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment