Thursday, March 17, 2011

Butler Does It Again

Spoiler Alert...

Butler continues their magic from last year as Matt Howard tips in a shot with less than a second to go to beat Old Dominion 60-58. Apparently, the senior didn't want to go home in the first round. Next up, most likely, powerhouse Pittsburgh.

West Virginia holds on to beat Clemson 84-76. Clemson led 40-31 late in the first half but ran out of gas as the Mountaineers pushed the pedal to the metal. West Virginia scored 44 points from their bench players. Really impressive.

And I'm scared. I picked Louisville to go to the Finals in one of my brackets (clearly many will laugh at me, that's OK). So, it wasn't good when I saw Morehead State (Who??? Exactly) get out to a 15-2 lead. Fortunately, for me, my sanity and my bracket, Louisville has come back to take the lead in the second half. Let's hope they hold on.

1 comment: