Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Major Wedding Plans Update

Kristen and I have a major announcement to share with everyone and thought it best to put on the blog. For something as important as this, we know it's proper to call everyone and share this news (because it affects all the people going to our wedding). However, it's just too difficult to individually call everyone we care about. And it's because we care about those same people, that we feel it's important enough to tell you at the same time.

So, with sad hearts, we are here to tell you...



Kristen and I have decided it's in our best interest to....



Have cupcakes at our wedding.

Sad hearts, maybe for everyone else who loves wedding cake, but for us, suck it wedding cake. We've known you for 20 years, and we want to know you no longer. Another tombstone...

Wedding Cake

Beginning of time to May 25, 2010

You filled us with sugary goodness for years, but lack in taste.

I'm glad to get a shovel, heck I'll get a bulldozer so I can pound dirt on your casket, quick enough so I don't have to see you again.

This is a cupcake birth and we're holding our own pile of sugary goodness. Smile sweet heart as we take pictures with our cupcake babies.

OK, that may be going a bit too far, but I ask you this...

Have you tasted these cupcakes?

The creator...SweetbyHolly. Website: www.sweetbyholly.com

We've ordered 360 mini cupcakes (think two bites and bring your eat on, especially considering my boy Timmy can't have them...sorry Timmy) with nine different flavors. Going in for a tasting, this was more exciting to me than anything else we've done. I love sweets so much, that I'm the same guy who puts out cookies for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve night, in the hopes that my dad won't eat ALL of them, so I can have a couple in the morning.

(Announcer voice)..."AND NOW....FOR YOUR EATING PLEASURE...HERE ARE YOUR NINE FLAVORS...."

Black and White cake...chocolate cake, white chips, swirled frosting. Kristen's favorite.

Black Out...dark chocolate cake and frosting, chocolate vermicelli (I have no idea what that word means. She made that up. But it sounds great with the word chocolate in front of it. This is when all the ladies reading this nod, "You're right...chocolate...)

Boston Cream...yellow cake, vanilla buttercream, chocolate ganache, cream filling. This is going to have "B" in orange on top signifying either my last name or "Best Buddy" for her "best buddy" in Gainesville. Best Buddy will be prominently shown in our wedding with "Best Buddy" cupcakes and we can't take out this booty shaking song, it's "Best Buddy and my favorite dance"...hmmm...I've heard that for like five songs. Why haven't I picked up on that yet?

Carrot...spiced cake, walnuts, raisins, cream cheese frosting.

Cookies and cream...white cake, vanilla buttercream, crushed oreos and cream filling.

Peanut Butter...chocolate peanut butter swirled cake and frosting. Reese's chunk on top.

Red Velvet...traditional red cake, cream cheese frosting, dark chocolate curls. Again, no idea what a "curl" is, but we're all seduced with "chocolate". It could say "chocolate shoe" and we'd all..."WOW...that's amazing. I've never tried shoe before."

White Out...white cake, white chocolate buttercream, white chocolate vermicelli (there's THAT word again).

And finally, last but certainly not least...

Tiramisu...espresso soaked cake, cream cheese frosting, dark chocolate curls.

So, there you have them. Your dessert starting lineup everyone. Take pictures as they stand there, ready to get ASSAULTED by the sweet tooth in all of us.

Except my mom. She'll probably have bread for dinner. (Shaking my head). So sad. If she only knew...

4 comments:

  1. This is my favorite entry so far....you are the funniest blogger alive! Loves you and Loves Sweet by Holly cupcakes (especially Black and White)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vermicelli is a kind of pasta - something in between spaghetti & angel hair. Btw, my mouth is watering like mad for the tiramisu, and the cookies and cream, and the red velvet... thank God they're minis so I can try them all! :)
    -- Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. cupcakes rock. nice choice guys.

    kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Try them all." What an excellent idea. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete