Wednesday, August 11, 2010

And the Bristen goes to...

Kristen and I mailed out our wedding invites last week. And now, the fun part, we're getting our RSVP's back. Everyday is an envelope from one of our loved ones telling us whether or not they're coming. What's great is people don't put their return address on the envelope, so we have no idea who it is from until we open it. Today, I felt like someone presenting an Academy Award (in this case the Bristen) and when I opened it, I said, and the Winner is Mark and Abbie Batia...

Honey, we should make a mini trophy of the two of us encassed in some cheap, plastic gold (because we can't afford the real stuff we have a wedding to plan), and hold it up every time we do this little ritual. I think that'd be a great time.

So, please keep sending us the RSVP's, if for nothing else, we can have more Bristen announcements. And please don't put your return address on the envelope. Takes the fun out of it for us. If it gets lost in the mail, we'll blame the Postmaster General, you know Wilford Brimley.

3 comments:

  1. sorry I already replied and with my usual efficiencies and put our return addresson the envelope. Didn't want it to get lost and then you'd be wondering, "Hey I wonder if my parents are coming"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nightmares starring Wilford Brimley... and for some reason, Suzanne Sommers. What if we send our envelope with someone else's return address? Although you might know it's not real when it says "Mr. and Mrs. Brad PItt" or "Seymore Butts". Keep on writing, fool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!!!! We made the blog!!! I feel SO special and almost famous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete