Sunday, June 6, 2010

Why are you defending yourself?

I was driving around in sunny Florida today and I noticed a truck with a sticker on it's window that said the following...

"I'll take my guns, my freedom and my money and you can have the change."

First off, what does that mean? Your change? I have no idea what you're offering me. I'm a fairly intelligent individual. I got an 1120 on my SAT's before they completely changed the scoring. Now an 1120 will land you on a PROP 48 list for a college basketball recruit. Next, you're going to have shady characters named Rocco knocking on your door asking you if they can take your next SAT exam for you, so you can play point guard for their favorite college basketball program. But, for me, I don't think my college fraternity, Kappa Alpha, was hiring anyone on my behalf, so I could squeeze onto the fraternity's intramural volleyball team.

Second, why do gun owners feel the need to show off to fellow drivers the fact that they own a gun? Last I heard, you don't need a gun in order to put a car into ignition, drive 60 mph in a 35 mph zone, weave in and around cars with no turn signals, cross two lanes of traffic, stop on a dime, just so they can pull into Publix; at least that's how they drive in Florida.

Here are the following gun bumper stickers that you just COULDN'T live without...

Gun Control Means Using Both Hands

Gun Control Means Hitting Your Target

A Gun In The Hand Is Better Than A Cop On The Phone

See...now you can sleep better knowing these are out there.

Some gun owners scream..."Second Amendment rights." Thanks. I know that you're allowed to own a gun. I don't need a bumper sticker to remind me of that fact. It's my right to own an iPod. I'm not going to make up a bumper sticker that says..."I'm spinning tunes with Apple. You can have my core."

I just don't understand the need to tell me you're packing. Next time, I'm wondering, I'll ask. Until then...get your gun out of my face. I need two eyes on the road before I get cut off again.

1 comment:

  1. Watch out everyone...Brian's packing...his iPod...ya ya!

    ReplyDelete